Urban Development Areas (UDAs) Grant
The Town of Vinton has been awarded a second technical assistance grant from the Office of Intermodal Planning and Investment (OIPI). The purpose of this grant will be to revise Town codes (zoning and subdivision) for the UDAs that have been identified in the Town. Relevant topics to this process include adequate water and sewer, connections to the transportation network, and regulations that allow for Traditional Neighborhood Design (TND). OIPI has contracted with consulting firms Rhodeside and Harwell and EPRPC to assist the Town with the revisions.
If you are a property owner, business owner, or a resident of the Town of Vinton who would like to attend future meetings and help us shape Vinton's future, please email your name, address, business name (if applicable), and phone number(s).
Comments & Feedback
Comments and Feedback are being accepted on the Public Open House Display Boards (PDF), which were first seen at the meeting on Monday, April 30, 2018. Please submit your comments and feedback on the Display Boards via email.
Joint Meeting with Vinton Town Council & Vinton Planning Commission Tuesday, January 15, 2019
UDA Final Advisory Committee Meeting Monday, December 3, 2018
Please Note: Large files may take some time to load depending upon your internet speed.
- Meeting Agenda (PDF)
- Meeting PowerPoint Slides (PDF)
- Vinton Zoning Ordinance Revisions Framework (PDF)
- Vinton UDA Downtown Public Realm Design Guidelines and Action Plan (PDF)
UDA Advisory Committee Meeting & Public Open House Monday, April 30, 2018
- Meeting Flyer (PDF)
- Meeting Agenda (PDF)
- Vinton Zoning and Subdivision Code Assessment (PDF)
- Advisory Committee PowerPoint Presentation (PDF)
- Public Open House PowerPoint Presentation (PDF)
- Public Open House Display Boards (PDF)
- WSLS-10 News Coverage of the Meeting
UDAs Advisory Committee Kick-off Meeting Thursday, January 25, 2018
- Agenda (PDF)
- PowerPoint Presentation (PDF)
- Meeting Notes (PDF)
- Minutes (PDF)
- Newspaper Article, The Vinton Messenger
- Amendments to the Vinton Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances (PDF)
- Downtown Revitalization Plan Documents
- Subdivision Ordinance (Current)
- 2004 to 2024 Comprehensive Plan (PDF)
- Vinton Area Corridors Study
- Vinton Major Corridors Bicycle and Pedestrian Accommodations (PDF)
- What is an UDA (PDF)
- Zoning Map (Current) (PDF)
- Zoning Ordinance (Current)
In the News
If you have feedback (comments, questions, etc.) you would like to provide about this process, the UDAs, the Zoning Ordinance Update, or the Subdivision Ordinance Update, please email it.