Recycling is picked up curbside, on your trash day, every other week. The town’s recycling calendar
will help you determine which week your recycling will be collected. If you would like a blue recycling bin, please request one online
or call Public Works (540) 983-0646.
The town collects the following items:
- Aluminum (beverage cans)
- Newspapers/inserts, magazines, writing/computer paper (no phone books)
- Plastic beverage containers (soft drink bottles, clear water bottles, and opaque milk jugs)
- Plastics #1 (PET or PETE) and #2 (HDPE). If other numbers or no markings we do not collect.
- Steel/Tin (food cans - rinsed out and labels removed)
Please flatten and rinse all plastic and metal containers.
No oil, antifreeze/coolant, or chemical bottles.
No plastic bags of any type (trash bags or grocery/shopping bags). Some grocery stores have collection bins for used plastic bags.
Additional recycling drop-off locations include:
- Roanoke Valley Resource Authority (RVRA) at 1020 Hollins Road NE, Roanoke, VA
- RDS at 835 Korte Street SW, Roanoke, VA.
Annually, the town picks up loose leaves and Christmas trees curbside. The loose leaf pick-up schedule and map
are publicized on RVTV cable television channel 3 and on the town's website. The town also collects bagged leaves during the Fall Leaf Collection period.