Go To Search
Click to Home
Do I need a permit for my small swimming pool?
Permits are required for any swimming pool that is more than 150 square feet in surface area, contains more than 5,000 gallons of water, or contains more than 24 inches of water. A zoning permit, a building permit, and an electrical permit (if there is a pump and/or heater) will be required. Additionally, the pool must have an adequate barrier(s) and must meet any required setbacks. Requirements subject to change, please call (540) 983-0605 to verify before setting up a swimming pool in your yard.
Permits and Inspections

Planning & Zoning

Show All Answers

1. How high can I build a fence on my property line?
2. Do I need a permit for a storage building or a detached garage?
3. Do I need a permit for my small swimming pool?

Keep In Touch...
Employees      Espanol      Sitemap      Privacy      Accessibility      Copyright Notices     
Town of Vinton  |  311 S. Pollard Street, Vinton, VA 24179  |  vintoninfo@vintonva.gov