Guidelines and Restrictions for visiting Town of Vinton Greenways:
People may visit our Greenways to engage in physical and outdoor activity, however, current guidelines and restrictions are in place through June 10th in alignment with the Governor’s Stay at Home Executive Order.
Guidelines & Restrictions:
- Strict social distancing requirements must be followed.
- Groups or gatherings of more than 10 people are prohibited.
- Bring your own soap and hand sanitizer to use during visits.
- You must keep a distance of at least 6 feet from others at all times. While on trails, alert others of your presence and step aside to let others pass at a safe distance.
- Items brought to the Greenway must leave with the guest, "bring it in, pack it out",
We do ask that if you are sick, have been around someone who is sick and/or experiencing symptoms consistent with the COVID-19 infection that you please refrain from visiting. Keep in mind that you are recreating in a public space. Therefore, please take steps to protect your health by following these guidelines provided by the Virginia Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds at a time.
- Avoid touching your face.
- If you’re sick with any ailment, stay home. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- When in public, maintain a social distance of at least six feet from others.
- Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue, then throw it away. If you don’t have a tissue, use the inside of your elbow.
- Clean surfaces you touch regularly.
Thank you for your cooperation,
Town of Vinton Administration